Demon Hunting and Tenth Dimensional Physics: Bree Tanner and Asiatic Steampunk

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bree Tanner and Asiatic Steampunk


Greetings and many huzzahs, my hearties!

It's been a while since I've been around here, I know. So, understandably, I have much to share with you.

First, let's talk about Bree Tanner.

Now, I know there is some very slight polarization on the subject of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga. Very slight. But I'm personally totally in favor of it. I read (and purchased) the entire four book series. And then a dear friend of mine gave me a copy of The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. I'll give you an anecdote and let you come to your own conclusions about the book:

I laid down last night at around 11:30, fully intent on reading some of Bree Tanner and getting my head to that pillow by midnight, if not sooner. So I start reading.

1:16 AM rolls around and I finally close the book, having found no decent reason to actually stop reading it.

I think that, alone, says volumes on the quality of the book.

And now: the Asiatic steampunk.

I wrote a story, about a year ago) dealing with steampunk in a fictional, magical, semi-Asiatic world.

It's now officially released as part of Gears and Levers II through Sky Warrior Books.


Take a look at it, if you get the chance.

That's all for now. Toodles.

1 comment :

Jeremy Bates said...

I am no Twilight fan at all but can appreciate Myer's work and success.

As for steampunk, I like! I'll peep it out. Thanks for mentioning it.

Cheers.