Demon Hunting and Tenth Dimensional Physics: Y - You

Monday, April 29, 2013

Y - You


You scroll across an article, realizing not long after the beginning that it’s written in second person. You scratch your head, wondering who in their right mind would ever do that. That’s against the Geneva Convention, you recall.

Okay, I’ll stop. But I do want to talk second person. Just for a bit. You can shoot me later. But I’ve always had a soft spot for one thing that came from second person. I think you know what it is: Choose Your Own Adventure books. I loved them. I still do, actually. It’s just hard to find them written for adults. And by hard, I mean nearly impossible.

But what do you think? Do you think it’s time for a Choose Your Own Adventure comeback? I’d like to see that. Heck, I may even try my hand at it. In a couple years. When I get through everything else I’m already working on.

Cheers,
Voss

2 comments :

Mina Lobo said...

Hear, hear! I loved those books, too. :-)

Voss Foster said...

Woot! Glad to know I'm not alone!

I've looked at the CYOA style books for older readers (YA-Adult), and they just aren't as good.

Voss